I am so excited that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Kristie from Life as a Mama Bear! Thank you so much, Kristie! Kristie is also a first time mom, with a little babe just a few months older than Livia. She blogs about everything from her adventures of a new mom, her family life, food, crafts, and more. She has such a positive and supportive voice in her posts, she is definitely a mom blogger you need to check out!
The Liebster Award is an award that is given by one blogger to another. To be nominated, your blog must be less than 2 years old and have less than 1,000 followers. This award is a great way for bloggers to recognize other bloggers that inspire them. It is also a great way for bloggers to connect and build a supportive blogging community. Since I started my blogging journey, I have been blown away by the support bloggers give each other. The support from my ‘tribe’ as we call ourselves is pretty amazing, and I love to continually add more bloggers to it!
Rules for the Liebster Award
Thank the blog that nominated you on a post in your blog.
Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers.
Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
Notify all nominees via social media.
My Questions From Kristie
- What makes you happy? Being with my family. We don’t get a whole lot of time together, so even if it’s just doing simple things, I love it when we can all be together.
- What is your favorite day of the year? Definitely August 27th, the day my daughter was born!
- How did you come up with the name for your blog? Well I knew I wanted something with ‘simple’ since I consider myself to be a fairly simple, laid back person. I had trouble thinking of something that would fit well with it, and be catchy enough to sound good. Then one day Livia was wearing a shirt that said ‘Mommy’s Sweetheart’ and The Simple Sweetheart just clicked!
- What is your favorite book? This is such a hard one! I love so many different types of books, for so many different reasons. I can’t even choose just one. I’m allowed to choose a series, right?? I’d have to say the Harry Potter series because I really began to fall in love with reading when reading these books as a kid. I have such great memories of my family reading these books together. I read The Sorcerers Stone each year to my students, and I love to see them get into books that I love. I can’t wait to share these books with my Livia!
- What is the last movie you watched? My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. I was a HUGE fan of the first one, and this sequel did not disappoint!
- What are you looking forward to? The last day of school. I can’t wait to spend the whole summer with my baby girl!
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be? A dog. No question. A Golden Retriever, to be exact, because they are just the best! Sometimes I look at our dogs sleeping and playing all day, and think, “Man, I wish I was you.” That’s totally normal right?
- If you won a million dollars, what would you buy first? I would definitely quit my job to stay home with my babe! And maybe buy a bigger car. Those are total mom answers!
- What are your pizza toppings of choice? Pepperoni, pineapple, and green pepper. Yes, all three together on one pizza. It was a pregnancy craving that has stuck around!
- What is your favorite blog post that you have written so far and why? I would have to say To The New Mom Going Back to Work. It’s a very recent one, but I feel like it’s one of the few where I really dig into some tough feelings. I love the honesty of it.
- Why did you start your blog? I have always enjoyed writing, but have never done much writing for myself, it has always been for school or work. So I wanted a place where I could spend time pursuing something that I love. I also wanted a place where I could not only keep track of the big milestones of having a new baby, but also the every day thoughts, feelings, and memories of being a new mom.
I want to nominate Shaye from Honestly Winging It, but also want to nominate anyone that hasn’t had a chance to receive a Liebster Award yet! If you accept my nomination and answer my questions, let me know so I can tag you on a future post!
Here are my questions:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite blog post?
- When do fit blogging into your day?
- What is the best resource you have found to help build your blog?
- What is your favorite social media platform?
- What is your go to Starbucks drink order?
- Favorite TV show to binge watch?
- What is your favorite type of date night with your significant other?
- What beauty product can you not live without?
- Do you prefer to shop online or in-store?
- What’s your favorite outdoor activity?
Thank you so much Kristie for nominating me, and I hope Shaye and any other bloggers that participate have as much fun with this as I did!